S2P is my third S2 series application. S2P is a stylus-free MP3/OGG player application. It simply lets you browse your music files & play.
– WM5 Phone or WM6 Professional devices
– free RAM: at least 3M for QVGA
– added preliminary AVRCP support to those devices use Broadcom BT.
– further lowered CPU usage when minimized, about 50% of the previous version.
– added option (SaveLastMusic) to reload the last playing music. (read the Settings section below for details)
– added option (AlwaysLoadAlbumPic) to always load an album art for each music. But if you’ve already organised the music files in folders, it’s not necessary to enable it so as to safe battery life. (read the Settings section below for details)
– fixed cannot retrieve some ID3 embedded album arts.
– some minor bugs fixed.
– added volume control by DPAD Up/Down.
– added ID3 embedded album art.
– lowered CPU usage when minimized.
– fixed occasional file name mismatch issue when navigating.
– added album navigation keys – Left soft key to go to previous album; Right soft key to next.
(besides, it can also be done by sliding the screen to right/left)
– fixed the single channel problem on some devices.
– fixed the slow response of the on-screen volume control.
– lowered the screen refresh rate (should help some slow devices).
– some minor bugs fixed.
– initial release.
– Under your PC/MAC/device, extract the content of the downloaded file & copy the CAB file to your device.
– Under your device, run any File Explorer application; go to the folder where the CAB file is copied; run the CAB file.
– Since S2P simply scans music files in your storage card, it’s suggested to have your music files well organized by folders. So that you can browse your music files through the folders instead of a plain list. (e.g. Artist NameAlbum NameMusic title.mp3)
– When browsing, press the folder name to list all music files under that folder, including subfolders; or press the arrow button to list the subfolders.
– Press any one of the filename to play.
– To go back to the music file list, press the top left back button.
– To view the current album list, press the top right icon. Then press any one on the list to play that music.
– To go back to the single music view, press the top right icon again.
– On the single music view, tap the screen to call up the timeline. Press the left repeat icon to repeat the current playing album; press the right shuffle icon to play the whole music list randomly. When both icons are on, only the current album will be played randomly.
– The hardware keys are:
End – minimize
Vol Up/Down or DPAD Up/Down – volume control
DPAD Action – play/pause
DPAD Left/Right – previous/next
Left/Right soft key – previous/next album
Power/Record – turn screen off
For details, as usual, please read the README.TXT file or the next post.
Besides, please read the README FIRST, especially the Known limitations & FAQs before posting your questions here.
Finally, if you like S2P, pls CLICK HERE to make a donation. Thanks.